(The Return of) Ignatz, by Sam Heldman

Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Ten Commandments Oral Argument
Next week, in Montgomery, the Eleventh Circuit will hear oral arguments in the case challenging the large monument celebrating the Ten Commandments in the Alabama Supreme Court building. The panel, I am informed by the Clerk's Office, will be Chief Judge Edmondson, Judge Carnes, and District Judge Story from N.D. Ga. Don't expect cynical or snarky comments about the panel from me; not only do I have an argument before the same panel on the same day, but I wouldn't even make cynical or snarky comments about this panel to my best friends under cover of darkness. By the way, in a massive bummer, the Court has NOT made arrangements for lawyers in the other cases on the docket to have special seating to hear the Commandments case, so I will either have to skip that one or stand in line with the activists and the politicians.

posted by sam 8:57 AM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

 


email: first name@last name dot net